Assistant Director for Student Activities (IHSC)
Job no: 494518
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
The Assistant Director for Student Activities (IHSC) directs and coordinates all student-related activities and functions to enhance the growth and development of all students by providing social, cultural, and educational opportunities for community engagement. This position also supports our graduate student engagement initiatives including advisement of the Graduate Student Association, as well as co-chairs the Parent/Family engagement initiatives for the Division of Student Services.
The Assistant Director is a part of the Student Activities team within the Office of Student Engagement (OSE)/Division of Student Services reporting to the Director for Student Activities. This position primarily works out of the Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus (IHSC) in Nutley, NJ with occasional work on the South Orange, NJ campus. This position provides support to the OSE and the Division of Student Services for campus-wide programming efforts and student engagement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a wide range of services, support, and information to students at the I.H.S. campus and serve as a liaison of the Student Engagement team at the Nutley campus. The Assistant Director must know in detail and be able to accurately convey a wide range of University policies, protocols and general information. This position will work in conjunction with the Student Activities team to support programming and holistic student engagement outside of
the classroom on IHSC and South Orange campus locations.
- Provide oversight to the Graduate Student Association and IHSC Student Council, and provide daily advisement of the IHSC Student organizations.
- Design, facilitate, and assess programming and engagement initiatives for the IHSC student population (School of Medicine, College of Nursing, and School of Health and Medical Sciences)
- Additional responsibilities include: managing space reservations and event policy adherance at the IHSC campus, serving on campus-wide committees representing IHSC Student Activities, Graduate Student Student Activities, the Office of Student Engagement and/or Division of Student Services.
- Support campus-wide, major programs and student engagement initiatives from the Office of Student Engagement and/or Division of Student Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree.
- 1-3 years experience working in higher education, or a related field.
- Experience working with, and knowledge of current student development theory and student programming models/best practices.
- Experience in working with student leaders on a college campus, specifically through student organizations/associations.
- Masters degree in Higher Education or related field.
- General office environment
Special Instruction to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend