Assistant Director for Student Activities
Job no: 494517
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Director for Student Activities (Clubs and Organizations) provides leadership and direction to student clubs and organizations, oversight to evening and weekend programming, and co-advisement the Student Activities Board (SAB). The Assistant Director will support the Director for Student Activities to create a comprehensive activities program that enhances the growth and development of all students by providing social, cultural, and educational opportunities for community engagement. This position will work closely with students to plan, develop, and coordinate events and activities to enhance the quality of student life and University experience for all students.
The Assistant Director is a part of the Student Activities team within the Office of Student Engagement (OSE)/Division of Student Services reporting to the Director for Student Activities. This position requires flexible hours as well as evening and weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to support 150+ student clubs and organizations. Facilitate the approval process for all club and organization programs and activities, including communication with related departments across campus. The Assistant Director will recruit, train, and maintain communication with faculty/staff advisers as well as provide ongoing education and development opportunities for members of all club and organization membership.
- Oversee the budget management for all club/organization restricted accounts, including the budget allocation process. Conduct annual audit of all club accounts. Establish and implement necessary structure to assure organization compliance with University policy.
- Serve as a co-adviser to the Student Activities Board (SAB) providing advisement in event planning, budget management, and leadership development. Oversee SAB in the planning and implementation of evening and weekend programming in conjunction with a cross-divisional programming model.
- Assist with the advisement and supervision of graduate interns and student employees who support the Office of Student Engagement.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned including, but not limited to, serving on University committees, participating in departmental and divisional initiatives, and collaborating with other departments as appropriate.
- Bachelors degree. 1-3 years experience working in higher education, or a related field.
- Experience working with, and knowledge of current student development/programming models.
- Experience in working with student leaders on a college campus, specifically through student organizations/associations.
- Masters degree in Higher Education or related field.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend