PC Support Specialist
Job no: 494514
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The PC Support Specialist provides expert support to the University user community. The types of support provided includes repairs and replacement of faulty equipment, upgrading computers, installing and supporting of University standard software on desktop and laptop computers.; as well as providing support for network connectivity and printing on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- PC Support Specialist are responsible for troubleshooting computer related issues.
- Repairing laptops and desktops computers, ordering computer parts, working with vendors, software and hardware installs, support university events ensuring computers are functioning, and documentation.
- Mentoring, training on Tech Support processes and procedures and great customer service.
- Works extended hours when needed (late evening, Saturday, Sunday, or holidays).
- Moving/Installing computer equipment around the university (including off campus sites).
- Associate’s Degree required; a certificate from a technical institute may substitute for the degree.
- A+ certification required, great troubleshooting and customer service skills, good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, Lenovo certification, Network +, familiarity with Service Now, Apple MAC OS
Licenses and Certificates:
- A+ certification Required
- Lifting, squatting, bending, carrying, standing, stooping, walking, pushing, pulling, bending
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please bring copies of your certifications when interviewed.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend