Graduate Assistant - Nursing
Job no: 494451
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
Categories: Graduate Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assisting nursing students practicing skills of health assessment and nursing intervention.
2. Assisting Coordinator of the Clinical Skills Lab in preparing supplies and equipment for classes.
3. Assisting faculty in setting up supplies and equipment for classes.
4. Assisting faculty in putting away supplies and equipment after classes.
5. Assisting the Coordinator of the Clinical Skills Lab in inventory of equipment and supplies.
6. Checking out and checking in equipment borrowed by students and faculty.
7. Keeping lab rooms neat and clean and encouraging students to clean up after themselves.
8. Ensuring lab security.
9. Enforcing the rules of lab with students.
10. When assigned to help with simulations, consult with faculty members prior to scheduled simulations. Set up and test simulation mannequins and related equipment prior to simulations (half-hour to hour prior to each scheduled simulation).
11. Assist faculty members during simulations (usually three to four hours)
12. Properly shut down mannequins and related equipment after scheduled simulations (half- hour to hour after each simulation).
13. Assist at College of Nursing events, including the annual White Coat Ceremony, Conferral of Graduate Degrees and Doctoral Hooding Ceremony and the Undergraduate Convocation and Pinning Ceremony, as requested.
14. Other duties as needed.
1. Be enrolled in the CON Graduate school.
2. Hold an active RN license in New Jersey.
1. Interest in teaching undergraduate nursing students.
2. Previous job experience as a nursing preceptor.
Licenses and Certificates:
Hold an active RN license in New Jersey.
(Insert text here)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
(insert text here)
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend