Job no: 494447
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Managing Attorney/Immigration Detention Project is a new entirely grant-funded position aimed at furthering our social justice mission, increasing our ability to represent detained immigrants who cannot afford a lawyer, and supervising the growing number of Practitioners-in-Residence, Fellows, and Paralegals in the grant-funded Immigration Detention Project. The Managing Attorney will also be responsible for grant reporting and spearheading Project hiring. This growing Immigration Detention Project helps further our mission of training new lawyers to enter the pro bono field, and providing increased opportunities for collaboration with our clinical, pro bono, and extern programs for law students. When this Project is fully staffed, the Managing Attorney will supervise three Practitioners-in-Residence, two Law Fellows, and two Paralegals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hiring and supervising of Project staff.
- Preparing quarterly and annual grant reports and new proposals for funding each year.
- Providing legal representation to detained immigrants.
- Representing CSJ at stakeholder and community/advocacy meetings.
- A law degree;
- At least five years’ experience representing immigrants, preferably detained immigrants, before the immigration courts, Board of Immigration Appeals, and the federal courts;
- Membership in a bar of any state (NJ bar membership or willingness to become a member of the NJ bar is desired);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (managerial or supervisory experience is desired, though not required); and
- Strong written and oral communication skills (fluency in another language, particularly Spanish, is a plus, though not required).
Licenses and Certificates:
- Membership in a bar of any state (NJ bar membership or willingness to become a member of the NJ bar is desired).
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend