Tenure Track - Cybersecurity/Computer Science
Job no: 494439
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Seton Hall University (SHU) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position in Cybersecurity/Computer Science starting in August 2021. The department offers B.S. programs in Computer Science, and Mathematics, a certificate in Cybersecurity and an online M.S. in Data Science.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position requires a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline with research focus in Cybersecurity, such as secure cloud computing or IoT. The successful applicant is expected to participate in grant initiatives at SHU, enjoy interdisciplinary collaboration with SHU faculty, maintain an active research program and teach Cybersecurity and Computer Science courses. Teaching introductory computer science courses, including willingness to learn and apply the Program by Design teaching methodology, is required. The teaching load is three courses per semester. Applicants must understand and be willing to support the Catholic mission of the university.
- The position requires a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline with research focus in Cybersecurity, such as secure cloud computing or IoT.
- Experience teaching undergraduate computer science courses is desired.
- General Office Environment
- Classroom teaching
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, three letters of reference, teaching philosophy and diversity statement. Since Seton Hall University is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, the application must include a statement explaining what diversity means for the applicant with respect to the academic field and the community and how the applicant would support diversity.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend