Director, Law School Admission
Job no: 494426
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Director of Admissions is a senior member of the admissions policy and planning team and serves as the Assistant Dean’s second in command. The Director manages the day-to-day operations and admissions process for JD candidates and directly supports the Assistant Dean in developing and implementing strategy for recruiting and yielding prospective students as well as with data tracking and report-management. The director also has oversight of all recruitment programming and is responsible for the scheduling and effective management of prospective student programs, the development and implementation of new/innovative recruitment strategies, the development and administration of recruitment initiatives and lead responsibility for developing the strategic direction and focus of the admissions web site. The Director assists with the overall administration of recruitment, admissions and marketing strategies and is the lead professional responsible for coordination of on and off-site events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director of Admissions is one of the Law School’s primary admissions recruiters. Substantial applicant/prospective student contact requires the ability to communicate the rigors of attending law school and pursuing a legal career. The Director therefore must have a JD and have practiced law in order to perform effectively. The Director of Admissions is responsible for at least 30% of all travel.
- The Director of Admissions is the lead Admissions Event Coordinator. In this role the Director manages the coordination for all on-site events. These events include individualized visits by prospective students, major Open House programs and small group information sessions. The Director is responsible for the development of new/innovative recruitment strategies and for assisting in the development of new initiatives and setting the planning and policy direction of the Admissions Office.
- Responsible for coordinating with Public Relations and website management the admissions priorities for social media, web presence and print publications. Utilizes technological tools to devise and administer recruitment initiatives, including Candidate Referral Service (CRS) bulk mailings and other initiatives. Evaluates and recommends admission/denial for approximately ½ the applicant pool.
- The Director of Admissions manages the day-to-day operations of the JD team overseeing the work-flow and assignment of responsibilities. This includes the managing of work study students and student volunteers.
- The Director of Admissions is a key member of the policy and planning team. The Director works with the Assistant Dean of JD Admissions to determine new initiatives, recruitment planning and policy direction of the office and supports the Assistant Dean with data tracking and reporting through Aces, HubSpot and web analytics.
- 3-5 years of related work experience and JD required
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend