Immigration Detention Fellow
Job no: 494409
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Immigration Detention Fellow is a new grant-funded position aimed at furthering our social justice mission, increasing our ability to represent detained immigrants who cannot afford a lawyer, training new lawyers to enter the pro-bono field, and providing increased opportunities for collaboration with our clinical, pro-bono, and extern programs for law students. The Immigration Detention Fellow will work with the two Practitioners-in-Residence, one paralegal and faculty and students who are part of the Immigration Detention Project at Center for Social Justice. This Project is part of a broader State-wide coalition aimed at universal representation for detained immigrants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing legal representation to detained immigrants.
- Coordinating law student involvement with the immigration detention project.
- Representing CSJ at stakeholder and community/advocacy meetings.
- Tracking hours, assisting in grant report preparation
- J.D. required
- Spanish fluency
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend