Sr. HRIS Analyst
Job no: 494391
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Coordinates Human Resources Information Systems processes and projects. Develops, implements, and modifies system requirements. Serves as liaison between IT, departmental users, and vendors to coordinate file transfers. Maintains internal database files and tables, and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of management and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the administration of various Human Resource Information Systems including Banner HR, Time and Attendance, document imaging, and Cognos. Serves as the subject matter expert on HR Info Systems and partners with key stakeholders to recommend and implement the necessary functional modifications and enhancements to human resources systems, as appropriate, based on needs analysis.
- Partners with University IT Services to develop program code and improve HRIS processes through automation. Examples include benefits vendor interface files, Appworx (job scheduler) processes and the online Tuition Remission Application. Works with IT on interfaces between various systems – for example, Banner to timesheets, org charts, and Applicant Tracking.
- Coordinates HRIS Projects. Manages implementation initiatives, website updates, maintains integrity and accuracy of data in Banner and related HR systems. Implementation initiatives include configuration, specifications, testing, documentation, and business and system analysis. Assists in identifying new software products to streamline HR processes. Meets with stakeholders to assist re-engineering business and system processes. Coordinates with vendors and identifies best practices for long-term success.
- Coordinates reports with HRIS Analyst to ensure best use of the available technology. Reports HR and Payroll information to HR management and the University community by using various reporting tools such as Cognos, SQL, and MS Excel.
- In absence of HRIS Director, supervises work of the HRIS employees and handles escalated research. Approves procedural steps and provides customer service to employees on behalf of HRIS. Oversees technical components of electronic personnel files. Assists employees in pay-related matters. Troubleshoots miscellaneous issues relating to Human Resource Information Systems.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with enterprise systems, HR systems, reporting and data transfers. Bachelor's degree preferred, however, strong consideration will be given to candidates possessing at least 4 years of directly related experience.
- Experience in Human Resources or Information Systems; Work experience in Higher Education preferred. Experience with Banner, Cognos, and TimeClock Plus is preferable. Project management, strong communication skills, and proven ability to solve complex problems.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend