Senior Instructional Designer
Job no: 494386
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Provide leadership to the Instructional Design team in key areas including project management, faculty development, online and hybrid course development, and community outreach. Identify emerging trends in the field of educational technology and support the meaningful integration of these trends into the teaching and learning environment. Support faculty in their use of technology by utilizing pedagogical theories and identified best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and execute faculty development programs. This includes the coordination of other staff members as well as necessary logistical planning of events.
- Act as project manager for the design, development, and implementation of large scale projects including online course development.
- Consult with faculty in specific departments on the effective use of instructional technology by regularly reviewing course materials and evaluating the effectiveness of course activities, technologies, and assessments to achieve course goals and objectives.
- Spearhead the integration of emerging technologies by identifying trends, supporting pilots, and planning for full-scale implementation.
- Support the development of assessment and evaluation of projects and other related initiatives
- Represent the Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center at local and national conferences. Provide information obtained through these venues to the rest of the Instructional Design team.
- Master’s degree – Field of study: IT or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be service-oriented
- Knowledge of learning theory, online course development, supporting faculty, higher education teaching experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized and efficient with experience in filing, time management skills, general business practices and protocols.
- Knowledge of current instructional technologies, primarily PC oriented but be able to cross-platform and troubleshoot for MacIntosh.
- Expertise with MS Windows OS and a variety of software including MS Office Suite, Blackboard, and multimedia/development software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat. Must be knowledgeable of the web as an instructional tool.
- Desire to investigate and implement STEAM/STEM technologies for our MakerSpace
- Experience using Quality Matters
- Articulate Storyline
Licenses and Certificates:
- Quality Matters Reviewer certification
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend