1. Exhibit high degree of customer service in dealing with and serve as a resource person for visitors and guests to the University, students, parents, and both student and professional staff members.
2. Assisting staff in answering the telephone and assisting visitors to the office.
3. Maintain and utilize equipment in the office, including copier, fax machine, and shredder.
4. Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn about necessary procedures for openings, closings check-ins and ?outs, room assignments and changes, quest and visitation policies, meal plans and healthcare information, conference group and procedures, and various other facets of the Seton Hall community.
5. Attend all monthly staff meetings called by the supervisor and learn new information on procedures and policies from meetings, postings within the office, update from Central staff members, and emails in order to accurately respond to inquiries and situations that develop.
6. Report to Central Staff members at the beginning of each work day for updates and assignments.
7. Expected to work both independently, at times without supervision, and in groups with other student staff, Senior Staff, Central Staff, or personnel from other departments, sometimes under pressure.
8. Responsible for maintaining and updating bulletin boards and postings within and without of the Central Office as well as keeping work areas neat.
9. Organize office supplies and create a list of needed items.
10. Utilize technology and software to create brochures, flyers, spreadsheets and databases as well as other computer data entry.
11. Other tasks as assigned, including filling the water cooler, distributing staff mail, on campus errands, updating off campus housing information, etc.