Assistant Director, Student Support Services
Job no: 494380
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Director will coordinate and manage the day-to-day operations of the program, including implementation of the advising and counseling activities, and reviewing assessment data to monitor service delivery and creation of Student academic achievement plan. The Assistant Director will provide oversight for all project activities, assist with the compilation of all reports, and help coordinate all activities related to staff training. The Assistant Director will recruit, interview, and assist with the selection of participants and part-time student staff, maintain the Project’s database, collect all appropriate participant data, and perform other duties as requested by the Program Director as required to accomplish the project’s goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the day-to-day operations of the SSS program, including the implementation of advising and counseling activities and monitoring service delivery.
- Identify risks and obstacles to student progress and aid in the development of solutions to promote student success.
- Maintain the Project’s database, collect all appropriate participant data, and manage processes associated with student program eligibility requirements.
- Aid in the compilation and writing of reports and in the coordination of activities related to staff training.
- Recruit, interview, and assist with the selection of participants and part-time staff.
- Adhere to all internal, Federal Dept. of Ed, regulatory, and affiliate policies and procedures, integrity and ethical standards.
- This position requires a Master’s degree in Education or related field.
- Higher ed experience in program management, student recruitment/enrollment, and student support programming. Report writing and database management.
- Prior experience working in Student Support Services or other TRIO program, EOF, HEOP, or other opportunity program is desirable. Experience developing and managing program budgets.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please attach 3 references
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend