Vice President for University Advancement
Job no: 494341
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Vice President for University Advancement (VPUA) is responsible for leading the University’s philanthropic efforts, including annual giving, leadership, principal and major gifts, corporate and foundation grants, campaign planning, and related engagement and fundraising initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the University’s principal fund raiser, working closely with the president and regents to develop relationships and secure significant philanthropic support
- Collaborate with the Vice President, University Relations, to promote the positive image and brand of Seton Hall in furtherance of fundraising goals
- Lead and supervise the Advancement team by providing strategic planning, measurable goals, and action plans for alumni engagement, fund raising and the acquisition of philanthropic support
- Identify top prospects for individual, corporate and foundation gifts and cultivate their relationship with the University and its leadership
- Serve as the principal spokesperson for the Advancement function, including leadership at a wide variety of Advancement events
- Provide leadership for programs and events administered by Alumni Engagement and Philanthropy and by Donor Relations
- Provide the overall leadership for Seton Hall’s capital campaigns and mini-campaigns, assuring that ambitious but reachable goals are in place and being met through effective strategies and implementation
- Prepare and/or contribute to the preparation of reports, briefings, presentations, and responses on institutional and strategic issues, as appropriate
- Interact routinely with members of Board of Trustee and Board of Regents, senior level administrators, faculty, students, parents, alumni and corporate and foundation leaders
- Oversee the management and monitoring of the division’s budget and human resources
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Seton Hall University
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President of the University
- Seton Hall’s next Vice President for University Advancement will have at least 10 years of demonstrated success in Advancement, fundraising, and the administration of capital campaigns required (including a track record of raising six or seven figure gifts). While a bachelor’s degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred.
- Work experience in higher education is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required, as is the ability to track and manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Motivated to be a change agent, with success in effecting large-scale change in previous organizations
- A scrappy roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done attitude
- Excellent work ethic
- Able to build a culture of philanthropy in the organization
Special Instructions to Applicants:
How to Apply
- Applications should consist of a substantive cover letter and a resume. Prior to submitting your resume for this position, please read it over for accuracy.
- The University is being assisted by the executive search firm Lindauer.
- Applications, nominations, and expressions of interest can be submitted in confidence to Lisa Abair Vuona at lisavuona@LindauerGlobal.com or Libby Roberts at lroberts@LindauerGlobal.com. Lindauer does verify academic credentials for its candidates, and Seton Hall will conduct background checks prior to finalizing an offer.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend