Chapel and Sacristies Worker/Seminary 2020/2021
Job no: 494307
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
1. The Seminary Chapel and Sacristy Worker is a work-study employee whose job essentially is to do the laundering and ironing of altar linens, as well as some cleaning of the chapel and sacristies. The jobs may be done any time between Monday and Sunday, within a limit of 5 to 10 hours per week.
2. Once your shift begins, you must enter on Student Employee Timesheet side the time you start work.
3. Ensure that the Celebrants, Concelebrants and Back Sacristies are maintained in an orderly fashion at all times and cleaned regularly.
4. Ensure that the Back Storage Sacristy is maintained in an orderly fashion with the chairs neatly stacked and all other appointments properly stored.
5. Ensure that the Sacristy Storage Rooms (Rooms 230 and 228) are maintained in an orderly fashion at all times and cleaned regularly.
6. Ensure that the cabinet in the St. John Vianney Eucharistic Chapel is maintained in an orderly fashion at all times, cleaned regularly and stocked with hosts, wine and the proper appointments.
7. Ensure that the St. Peter Reconciliation Chapel is maintained in an orderly fashion at all times and is cleaned regularly.
8. Monitor the overall cleanliness of the Chapel of Christ the Good Shepherd and report any neglected cleaning to the Vice Rector.
9. Check regularly with the head sacristan to see if there are any things that need to be done.
10. At the end of your shift complete your time sheet on Student Employee Timesheet side; enter the time you finished your work.
- Good organizational skills, thorough
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend