1. The Administrative Offices Worker is a work-study employee who supports the Seminary's Administrative Wing offices of the staff and administration. To be exact, the Administrative Offices Worker will work closely with the Administrator for Budgets and Financial Operations (Ewa Bracko), Assistant to the Rector/Dean and Vice Rector (Debbie Kurus), Secretary for Financial and Business Operations (Maria McIlvaine), and Secretary for ESL, Formation and Faculty (Catherine Xavier) This student will work in one to two hour blocks of time on each weekday any time between 8:30 and 4:30. He is responsible for basic clerical work such as photocopying, typing, running errands, mailings, and assists office staff with additional tasks and projects.
2. At the beginning of each semester the Administrative Offices Worker is responsible for introducing himself to the faculty, administration and staff, by sending them his work schedule, contact information, as well as the basic guidelines for the copying requirements, so that the job can be accomplished in a timely manner without inconveniencing the requestor and the performer of the work.
3. Once your shift begins, you must enter on Student Employee Timesheet side the time you start work. Then check the mail room for any copy work requests in the copy request bin. If there are copy requests, please do them at the beginning of your shift. This is a priority of your work.
4. There is a copy machine code required for the Administrative Offices Worker and the copy machine should be used for business related copying only. The code should not be used for making copies for seminarians personal and school related work.
5. If the copy machine indicates an error message please follow the instructions on the screen. Usually it will show where the paper jammed, or what kind of problem occurred. You may consult the manual in the bin on the right side of the copy machine for information and/or instructions. If the copy machine indicates the need to change the toner cartridge, as an Administrative Offices Worker you are responsible for replacing the toner cartridge. (Please see Maria McIlvaine for initial instructions concerning this procedure.)
6. Completion of all photocopying work has priority. If there are no requests for copy work you should:
7. Check with the Assistant to the Rector/Dean and Vice Rector, Administrator for Budget and Financial Operations, Secretary for Financial and Business Operations, Secretary for ESL, Formation and Faculty if there is any work which should be done.
8. Re-stock all paper trays with copy paper (8.5" x 11" and 8.5" x 14")
9. Check the supply room for back-up supplies of all paper used for copying.
10. If there are less than two packages of each type of paper, procure the storage room (#19) key from the staff personnel and restock the supply room shelves.
11. At the end of your shift, complete your time card on Student Employee Timesheet side; enter the time you began and finished your work.