General Student Worker - Audio Preservation and Evaluation Technician 2020-2021
Job no: 494158
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
- 1. Responsible for listening to audio archival material to evaluate its quality and suitability for preservation.
2. Reproduction of existing media.
3. Responsible for the cataloging and preparing worksheets and records.
4. Work closely with the WSOU History Project coordinator (a WSOU/SHU alumnus) on reviewing and preserving audio materials.
5. Other duties as may arise.
- 1. Demonstrated ability of audio editing software, such as ProTools or Adobe Audition.
2. Ability to operate audio recording devices, including analog tape recorders, CDs, digital media, and peripheral devices (e.g. audio consoles).
3. Superior organizational skills
4. Outstanding project management and time management skills
5. Track record of successfully completing projects with minimal supervision
6. Legible handwriting
7, Student MUST have a federal work-study grant for the 2020-21 academic year to be eligible for this position
- 1. Ability to operate and troubleshoot analog playback equipment.
2. Experience working in an audio recording studio.
3. Interest in the history of radio.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend