Job no: 494155
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University seeks a creative and forward-thinking Instructional Designer to join its Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center. The Instructional Designer will assist faculty with the integration of technology into the curriculum, based on learning theory and best practices. Primary responsibilities include the development of online/hybrid courses, review of online/hybrid courses using a quality assurance rubric, and the support of various other instructional technology projects to achieve course/program goals. This position will also design and facilitate professional development opportunities for faculty and students as well as individually assist faculty as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with faculty and other Subject Matter Experts to support the development of online learning initiatives. These include the development of instructor-facilitated online and hybrid courses, blended or flipped classrooms and self-paced online courses.
- Assist faculty with the integration of technology into teaching and learning by designing and facilitating professional development workshops as well as conduct one-one sessions as requested. Emphasis will be placed on creating online professional development opportunities including webinars, self-paced courses, and micro-learning tutorials.
- Conduct quality assurance and evaluation of projects and other related initiatives. This includes reviewing online courses using the Quality Matters rubric to ensure that online offerings met QM standards.
- Work in project teams to develop electronic instructional materials including simulations, digital stories, and various other multimedia projects.
- Research emerging trends in educational technology and support their implementation as appropriate
- 1-3 years of Instructional Design experience
- Experience developing blended, hybrid or online courses
- Evidence of successful teaching, preferably in higher education
- Experience in supporting faculty in the use of instructional technologies
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Experience using Blackboard
- Experience with Articulate Storyline
- Quality Matters Certification
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend