Desk Assistant - 2023-2024 Academic Year
Job no: 495518
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
1.Assist in maintaining the overall security system of the residence hall.
2. Swipe ID cards of all entering the residence hall and/or confirm residency.
3. Ensure guests are properly signed in and out.
4. Be aware of the RA on-call system and important resource phone numbers.
5. Assist with fire alarm evacuation.
1. Properly operate the desk phone and card access reader.
2. Record necessary phone messages for the Senior Staff/residents/guests when necessary.
3. Maintain computer desk logs in an accurate, orderly manner.
4. Attend all meetings.
6. Act as University representative and resource person for residents and guests throughout the University.
7. Maintain order and neatness in the working area.
1.Be responsible, flexible, take initiative, and have the ability to accept and problem solve challenges.
2. Be able to provide prompt, polite, courteous, professional, and timely customer service to all residents & guests.
3.Conduct self in a professional manner while at the desk, including attire appropriate to customer service role. Allow only staff members behind the desk while working.
4. Work independently and in groups.
5. Demonstrate and use exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Communicate problems, issues, and concerns to the Housing and Residence Life Professional Staff.
7. Must be registered for classes/full-time course load
- No prior experience necessary.
- Standard Work Hours: 20 Hours per week.
- Candidate must be a full-time, undergraduate student in both solid academic standing, as well as solid judicial standing.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend