Coordinator Position for Safety & Security Systems
Job no: 495376
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position’s primary responsibility is the protection of life and property. This is accomplished by ensuring the reliable operation and maintenance of all fire, life safety and security systems on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install and maintain fire alarm systems
2. Oversee maintenance testing and inspection of the fire suppression systems.
3. Install, test and maintain burglar alarm systems
4. Install and maintain CCTV systems
5. Wire, install and maintain campus wide card system
6. Wire and troubleshoot electrified locking systems that pertain to access control
High school diploma or GED
3 years experience working fire and intrusion alarm systems, CCTV, access control and/or technical school training
1. Knowledge of general wiring, use of tools and test instruments, understanding of schematics and blue prints related to fire intrusion and access control systems
2. Ability to troubleshoot Safety and Security Systems
3. Be proficient on all software and hardware systems used by Public Safety and Security
4. Understanding of fire alarm, access control systems and good working knowledge of sprinkler systems
5. Comprehend and write reports related to Safety and Security Systems
6. Have knowledge of computers and campus-wide access system security module, Central Station software for burglar and fire alarms
7. Ability to effectively communicate with other departments on Campus and hired contractors on projects that pertain to fire and security matters.
Licenses and Certificates:
Valid driver's license
AD150 - Administrative
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Required to be on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies related to Safety and Security Systems
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend