Monsignor John Oesterreicher Visiting Assistant Professor in Jewish-Christian Studies
Job no: 494438
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY, Department of Religion, seeks applicants to serve as the Monsignor John Oesterreicher Visiting Professor, specializing in Judaism (or Jewish studies) and Jewish-Christian relations in late antiquity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The range of study to be covered in the position includes: Talmud, Midrash, comparative (Christian-Jewish) Biblical exegesis, and Christianity in a Jewish context (and vice versa). The candidate will teach courses in the Department’s Graduate M.A. Program in Jewish-Christian Studies plus a course in the Department’s undergraduate curriculum in the area of comparative theology/world religions, for a total of 9 credits (or 3 courses) per semester.
- Applicants should hold a Ph.D. or equivalent, or hold one by August 1, 2021, and will be expected to contribute to online course development. Successful applicants will be able to draw connections between their research in late antiquity and contemporary social questions, especially issues pertaining to social and racial justice.
- Applicants must be supportive of the Catholic mission of the University. Seton Hall is an archdiocesan university with a combined undergraduate and graduate student body of approximately 10,000 students. SHU is committed to programs of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action (EEO/AA) to achieve our objectives of creating and supporting a diverse racial, ethnic and cultural community.
- General office environment
- Classroom teaching
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please send a letter of application addressing teaching and research interests, curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and three reference letters. (If necessary, letters of reference can be submitted separately to the Religion Department chairperson, Professor KC Choi, at firstname.lastname@example.org.) The deadline for receiving materials is Jan. 15, 2020.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend