Medical Librarian, Lead for Instruction
Job no: 494277
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
Seton Hall University Libraries invites applications for the position of Medical Librarian, Lead for Instruction and liaison to the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University. This is a full-time, permanent Library faculty position at the Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) Library on the Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus in Nutley, NJ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As one of two library liaisons to the School of Medicine (SOM), the primary responsibility of this position is to support the SOM’s curricular instruction in the areas of information management, information mastery, and evidence-based medicine. This position is part of the SOM’s information mastery team, responsible for the delivery of longitudinal course content throughout the SOM curriculum. This position will work closely with faculty, course directors, Deans and administrators of the SOM to develop, enact, and assess curriculum-integrated instructional sessions, provide research support for students and faculty, and collaborate with teaching faculty on assignments and course content.
- This librarian will also be responsible for the following: providing faculty development training on library services, new student orientation, and maintaining and developing libguides. This position will also occasionally interface with the library’s website developer to make minor updates to the library homepage. The successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to work in a complex, changing environment with a positive, flexible, and innovative approach, and will have a proven capacity to work effectively and collegially on teams at all levels.
- The successful applicant will be someone with the ability to take advantage of a highly dynamic and evolving work environment to build partnerships and develop and assess new library services and curricula. They will also have a demonstrated track record of drive, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, innovation, and a personal commitment to excellence.
This position will report to the Associate Dean of the IHS Library.
- This is a permanent, full-time Library faculty position requiring annual reviews.
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information studies
- Demonstrated experience delivering library instruction to adult learners
- Experience working within an undergraduate or graduate, medical education environment, or in clinical or hospital settings
- Knowledge of Health Sciences library resources and services
- A strong understanding of information literacy and/or evidence-based medicine principles and practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload assignments
- Expert health/medical database searching and citation management skills
- Experience creating libguides
- Demonstrated experience delivering library instruction to health professions learners, including the design of course materials and delivery of course content
- Knowledge of trends in medical education
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide contact information for 3 professional references.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend