Digital Communications Specialist
Job no: 494161
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Reporting to the Associate Director of Web and Digital Communications the Digital Communications Specialist works as a part of the Digital Communications and Marketing team to develop and distribute integrated marketing and institutional content across Seton Hall channels, with a focus on online and digital platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and construct web pages and sites incorporating graphic user interface features and other techniques aligned the University’s brand. Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of Seton Hall's mission-critical content management systems, client relationship management platforms, as well all enterprise level digital management tools. Help formulate and implement usability testing for new website projects and improvement of existing websites.
- Build and disseminate e-mail communications, e-newsletters and drip campaigns in Seton Hall’s client relationship and management and e-mail platforms. Design, develop and optimize e-mail templates. Report on audience engagement and recommend best practices for improvement.
- Work independently and with the marketing and communication team colleagues to write content, including news stories, press releases, social media posts and photo captions that amplify brand messaging. Edit and proof web copy, photos and digital collateral as need for online communications.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of digital efforts using various analytical tools and platforms. Use analytics to inform tactics to increase key site traffic and contribute to reports on performance of digital channels.
- Bachelors Degree in communications or other related area.
- One to three years full time experience in web and digital communications via content management systems (CMS), email platforms and relevant digital engagement and marketing platforms, including correlated copy editing and light photo editing.
- General Office Environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide name, phone and email contact for at least three professional references
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend