Associate Director, Career Center
Job no: 494156
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director oversees the career counseling functions of the office. The individual interprets career assessments and serves as liaison to Freshman Studies. This position also supports the career education, internship and post-graduation goals for undergraduate and graduate students. Additionally, the associate director assists with hiring and training of new employees and oversees the work of the Arts & Sciences team, including faculty and employer collaborations. This position also represents The Career Center and Seton Hall University at on- and off-campus events and employer development initiatives. The Associate Director is responsible for the direct supervision of two assistant directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the career coaching/advising of undergraduates, graduate students and alumni. Interprets results of various career assessments and assists students who struggle with choosing a major or career path. Serves as liaison to Freshman Studies and academic advisors.
- Supervises two assistant directors. Provides leadership on and coordinates/plans recruiting events and networking opportunities for students, alumni and employers. Takes a leadership role in supporting The Career Center’s career management system and the use of other technologies to support the goals and objectives of The Career Center. Assists with coordination of annual 1st destination survey and data analysis with oversight of director.
- Provides career transition assistance for alumni.
- Represents The Career Center at on and off-campus events.
- Master's level degree in Counseling, Human Resources, or related area
- Experience interpreting career assessment tools
- At least 5 years experience in a career center or related environment
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend