Job no: 494078
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position is responsible for implementation and management of the Campus at Seton Hall University, wired and wireless network infrastructure. He/she works with the Director of Networking & Telecommunications and is responsible for Wired and Wireless Network IP Services within the campus including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, access points, surveys, and associated equipment. This position will also assist with various tasks including routing, switching, firewalls, DNS/DHCP, and remote access.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Network Engineer will recommend hardware and software to meet the organization's IT network needs, as well as manage the roll-out of new equipment and systems as needed, and ensure that corrective and preventative measures are performed on legacy infrastructure.
- The Network Engineer will work with the Director of Networking on maintenance and system design and upgrades of the network infrastructure.
- The Network Engineer will provide second level support for service tickets and incidents related to networking throughout the medical school.
- The Network Engineer will assist in wired, wireless, and voice upgrades and configurations, but emphasis on Wireless.
- Leads design and implementation projects involving next generation network technologies including communications convergence and virtualization of service delivery. Designs architectural integrity (end to end) for successful implementation of new technologies. Provides expert level support to other engineers and network personnel within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree – Field of study or 5-7 Years Experience in Wire/Wireless Networks Wide-area network protocols including advanced secure logically partitioned network design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to design technical solutions to meet business needs
- Project/Process Management Skills
- Analytical Skills
Licenses and Certificates:
- Cisco Certification CCNA, CCNP a Plus
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend