Resident Hall Director
Job no: 494159
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Residence Hall Director (RHD) is a twelve month, live-in professional position in Housing and Residence Life who reports directly to the Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life. The RHD will lead the para-professional staff and together the staff team will assist students in building an inclusive community where their personal, spiritual and academic growth is enhanced. The RHD position requires intentional efforts to interact with students, assess their needs and promote community growth and development. Responsibilities also include facilities management, overseeing all administrative processes and procedures for the hall, and managing the hall environment through crises intervention, student behavioral meetings and roommate mediation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise a student staff including weekly staff meetings, regular one on one meeting with supervisors and ongoing development and performance appraisal.
2. Educational/ Counseling/ Programming
- Leads professional and student staff in the development and implementation of programs which assist students with personal, academic spiritual and social skill development outside of the class room with emphasis on academic excellence and service. This is done in collaboration with departments across campus as well as with South Orange village resources.
3. Behavioral problems/ Judicial
- Enforces University code of conduct by meeting with students that have violated policy and or are having difficulties adhering to policies or adjusting to college. Utilized Maxient software for judicial processes. Serves as a hearing officer.
- Serve on committees as requested, manage assessment for area, completes quarterly reports, performance appraisals for supervisors, tracks budget for hall spending and ensures accuracy.
5. Crisis Intervention
- On-call duty rotation which includes hours during which the office is closed, weekends and holidays. Responds to various incidents such as medical transports, alcohol intoxication, suicide, drug abuse, severe behavioral issues, domestic violence, etc
6. Facilities Management
- Maintains and ensures accuracy in housing occupancy & billing reports throughout the year including summer conferences. Enters work orders, communicates with Seton Hall Facilities and all third party vendors to ensures prompt resolution of students needs.
- Master’s degree – Field of study: Higher Education, Counseling, Student Personnel Administration or related field
A minimum of approximately 1 year post Bachelor's residence hall live in experience
- Familiarity with student development theory, residence life experience (at either student, GA, or professional level), and experience at a faith-based institution
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend