Associate Director of Admissions
Job no: 494136
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Associate Director of Admissions is responsible for assisting with the overall administration of recruitment, admissions and marketing strategies. This position engages in a wide array of recruitment services including, but not limited to on and off site law school representation, event planning and prospective student follow up. Provides direct assistance and attention to prospective applicants, applicants and admitted students. As a primary recruiter for the Law School, a JD is required in order for the Associate Director to be effective in the substantial amount of face-to-face applicant counseling that occurs. The Associate Director develops and implements the critical volunteer assistance necessary at large scale admissions events. Reviews and recommends admit/deny on 4,000 applications per year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Off-campus candidate recruitment. Admissions representative for the Law School at national and regional recruitment fairs and forums. Responsible for at least 30% of overall admissions travel. Assists with office management and with the identification and prioritization of office work.
- Counseling for candidates and admitted students. Telephone, email and on and off campus counseling for candidates and admitted students. Schedule and meet with students as requested. Provide law school tours, arrange for candidates to attend appropriate classes or other on-campus events and coordinate prospective student meetings and communication with faculty and/or current students. Responsiveness to all applicant inquiries should be within hours of initial inquiry. The Associate Director therefore, must have a JD and have practiced law in order to perform effectively.
- Candidate Evaluation/File Reading. Review and evaluate applicant files. Requires analysis of LSAT scores, transcripts and careful attention to the detail of personal statements, recommendations, resumes and other applicant data. Evaluates and recommends admission/denial for approximately ½ - 2000 applications per year.
- Providing Assistance with candidate and applicant reporting statistics. Assist the Dean of Enrollment Management and Director of Admissions with preparation of reports for faculty and administrative presentations. Extract appropriate data to set up bulk mailings to target groups of prospective students; extract and prepare data for external entities (i.e. LSAC, ABA, etc.).
- Assistance with coordination of on and off site admissions events.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Relevant work experience of 1 to 3 years higher education
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend