Job no: 494128
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Instructor in Department of Philosophy:
Seton Hall University is a major Catholic university and is located in the small town of South Orange, New Jersey, about 15 miles from New York City. In a diverse and collaborative environment its mission focuses on the academic and ethical development of its students. Seton Hall students are prepared to be leaders in their professional and community lives in a global society and are challenged by outstanding faculty, an evolving technologically advanced setting, and values-centered curricula. Seton Hall University respects the religious commitments of all its employees. In turn, the University’s employees respect Catholic beliefs and values, and they support its mission as a Catholic institution of higher education. The University is an employer committed to upholding a campus community that attracts and supports the development of a diverse faculty, serving a diverse student population. Members of diverse and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Department of Philosophy has a term faculty position available. Area of Specialization: Ethics.
- Area of Concentration: Business Ethics. The teaching load is 4/4. Teaching responsibilities will include undergraduate introductory courses in Ethics and Business Ethics. Ph.D. in Philosophy before appointment is preferred. This is a one-year position, though there is a possibility of renewal.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy preferred.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applicants should submit only a cover letter, CV, recent teaching evaluations, and a teaching statement to the online address below.
- Applications should be submitted by February 29, 2020
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend