Job no: 494121
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Refuse Collector/Groundsperson position is responsible for the collecting trash and recyclables; maintains grounds, removes snow and controls ice on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects refuse and recycling items from designated locations on campus and hauls the loads by truck to the appropriate bin or container. Uploads trash into open boxes or compactors and operates compactors. Uploads recycling material (leaves, cardboard, plastic, aluminum, glass, paper) into designated bins for pickup by a recycling firm.
- Maintains the appearance of the campus: Cuts grass, prunes trees and bushes, weeds gardens and lawns, waters new lawns and flowers and fertilizes areas. Rakes or blows leaves. Picks up trash and debris in assigned area either by hand, vacuum, sweeper, or power blower. Shovels, sweeps, or plows snow and controls ice. Monitors on-campus snuffers, clean and replace sand as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years experience in grounds maintenance.
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to operate a variety of power tools including, but not limited to, backhoe, street sweeper, mower, trimmer, chainsaw, ditch-witch, leaf and snow blowers.
- Ability to safely use power equipment, hydraulic lifts and all vehicles necessary in the performance of collection duties.
- Performs other assigned tasks.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Able to obtain a pesticide operators license
- Applicants must be a member of Local Union 68 (or willing to join upon hiring).
- Maintenance (Local 68) - 01
- The following occurs often: Heavy Lifting/carrying; Extensive standing/walking; Exposure to all weather conditions.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Must apply on Seton Hall website
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend