Assistant Professor of Social Work
Job no: 494120
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Assistant Professor of Social Work– Tenure Track
The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Program in the Department of Sociology, Anthropology & Social Work at Seton Hall University is seeking applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position to be hired beginning in the 2019-2020 academic year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach social work practice courses utilizing knowledge gained from extensive experience providing direct services in the field
- Mentor students from widely varied and diverse cultural backgrounds
- Conduct scholarship appropriate to rank
- Provide service to the Program, Department, College, and University including advisement
- Participate in Program, Department, College, and University governance activities
- Assist with curriculum development and support accreditation reaffirmation by CSWE
- Other related duties as assigned or needed
- This position will be expected to represent the BSW Program at university open houses and information sessions. It will also support student activities including the Student Social Work Association (SSWA).
- Applicants must possess an MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited program and have earned a PhD.
- Only applicants with a PhD will be eligible for consideration.
- As scholarship is a significant portion of this position, qualifications include prior publication of original work and/or the ability to develop a robust research agenda and produce written work worthy of publication.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of post-Master's direct practice experience.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Applicants must be licensed to practice social work in New Jersey (or another state) and/or be eligible to obtain licensure in New Jersey.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Candidates should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and the names of three persons who can provide professional references. Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend