Job no: 494118
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of English at Seton Hall University is seeking an instructor for its First-Year Writing Program, starting fall 2020. This is a renewable, non-tenure-track Lecturer position. Experience teaching first-year writing and a record of teaching excellence are expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 4 sections of Core English I and/or II and/or Core English I Intensive each semester and tutor for 3 [not 6?] hours each week in the University Writing Center. (Enrollment caps: Core English I Intensive, 15 students; Core English I, 17-18 students; Core English II, 18 students.)
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours on campus or virtual office hours for online courses
- Participate in the assessment of learning outcomes
- Attend department and school/college faculty meetings
- Engage in professional development activities and demonstrate growth as related to teaching and learning
- Perform other duties related to teaching, as assigned
- Provide service to the department and college
- A terminal degree in rhetoric/composition, comp studies, English education, or literature, with experience teaching first-year writing.
- Ph.D. in rhetoric/composition, comp studies, English education, or related fields.
- Experience teaching Developmental Writing and/or Business Writing.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please submit a current c.v., a cover letter, and three letters of recommendation. If invited for an on-campus interview, the applicant will be expected to bring sample course materials, recent student evaluations for two different courses, and at least one peer observation report (if available).
- All applications should be submitted to Angela Weisl via the Seton Hall Employment Opportunities site: https://www.shu.edu/human-resources/employment/
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend