Professor, English Department
Job no: 494117
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The English Department at Seton Hall University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Post-World War II American Literature, with a specialization in one of the diverse literatures of the Americas, including but not limited to Latino/a/x American, Asian American, Native American, and Arab American; postcolonial. The appointment will begin with the fall 2020 semester (Aug. 15, 2020). We seek candidates with a commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The standard teaching load for tenure-track faculty who are research and service active is 9 credits per semester.
- Course assignments will be balanced between first-year writing, university core, American Literature II, literature electives, and courses in our M.A. program.
- Other duties will include academic advising.
- Candidates must have the Ph.D. in hand by the time of appointment.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Candidates should submit a CV and Cover Letter.
- Preliminary interviews will take place via Skype.
- Invited candidates will then be asked to submit a writing sample, teaching philosophy, and three letters of recommendation.
- Seton Hall University is a Catholic diocesan university.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend