Human Resources Assistant
Job no: 494108
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Provides the first level of customer service to all visitors to the Human Resources Office. Answers telephones and screens calls, responds to mail, telephone and in-person inquiries. Maintains and updates personnel and benefits records and files. Assists with the distribution of salary payment forms and reviews new employee paperwork for accuracy and completeness. Assists with inputting new hire data in Banner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the first level of customer service to all visitors to the Human Resources Office. Answers telephones and screens calls, distributes correspondence.
- Maintains and updates personnel and benefits files for active and terminated employees. Scans and codes files in Banner Document
- Management System (Xtender). Archives files according to departmental guidelines.
- Coordinates documentation for newly hired employees and faculty members. Authorizes I-9 forms, reviews PDF and W-4, ensures that all documents required by the Budget and Payroll Departments are forwarded and completed in a timely manner.
- Forwards salary payment forms to the respective areas (within HR) for their review and processing. Inputs personnel information (bio/demographic) for new hires and School of Medicine assignments into the Banner HR/Payroll system. Works with Banner Workflow system.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the Human Resources Office. Provides clerical assistance to the various areas within Human Resources.
- High School diploma required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with high volume phones and walk-in traffic.
- Proven customer service skills. 1-3 years work experience in HR or related field.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Some college preferred.
- Experience with I-9s.
- Work experience with HRIS and scanning software.
- Experience composing memos and letters in response to requests for information.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend