Job no: 494100
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The University Registrar reports to the VP of Enrollment and serves as the chief student records official for the University and provides oversight, strategic planning, supervision, leadership and management of staff and operations in the Registrar’s Office.
The University Registrar, in overseeing and managing the Registrar’s Office, collaborates with offices across the University such as Academic and Student Affairs, IT, financial aid, etc. to develop and implement strategies to improve operational functionality and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual is responsible for leading, planning, directing and innovating the many functions of the Office of the Registrar, which include but are not limited to, course scheduling and management, grading, maintaining student records, registration, enrollment reporting, managing degree audits, degree and enrollment certification, academic transcript maintenance and fulfillment, regulatory compliance and support services for advising. This individual must also maintain knowledge of university curriculum, rules, regulations, and guidelines, etc. and ensure proper documentation.
- Keep on top of ever-changing industry standards, regulatory changes, software tools and resources to assist in effective management of the registrar operations. This entails routine review and evaluation of policies and procedures, retooling and reorganization of staff roles and system functionality. Manage evaluate and continually improve and innovate existing or new software tools and systems, workflows, portals, etc. and effectively leverage and integrate technology to ensure optimal operational efficiency and customer service experience.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office by training, directing and empowering staff that are responsible for registration services; establish work priorities/workflow and resolve management or personnel issues. Provide training, support, professional development and guidance for office staff, and evaluate job performance. Ensure staff members provide exemplary service to students, faculty and staff by adhering to our customer service principles and acting expeditiously and proactively. Ensure effective communication of policies, procedures, and students’ rights and responsibilities in a helpful, considerate and timely manner.
- Serve as University data steward for student academic records, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and approving data access. Ensure University compliance with Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Ensure we meet all federal reporting obligations, manage Clearinghouse files and other similar files. Stay abreast of and comply with all regulatory compliance issues and work closely with auditors. Prepare statistical reports, analyze data and disseminate to assist the University with formulating policies, advising, academic research, accreditation, advising retention, etc.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other administrators, departments, faculty, deans and committees to enhance operational efficiency and meet institutional goals. Serve the university as a member of committee as assigned. Develop and continually improve proactive communication, training and guidance outreach with students, faculty, advisors, and the campus community including ensuring accurate website and catalogue content as well as routine communication about policies and procedures and events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of experience as Associate Registrar
- Extensive experience at a functional and operational level with student information systems, on-line catalog and curriculum management systems, classroom scheduling and optimization systems, degree audit systems, and reporting systems
- Customer service minded and highly responsive leadership and management style.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience using student information systems. Preferably Banner Ellucian.
- Strong technological skills and ability to implement new software tools to enable better service. Willingness to be responsive to proactive in updating tools and resources to ensure optimal service and efficiency.
- Proven management and mentoring skills and experience working with professional and support staff to implement and execute new initiatives and operations.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing academic regulations and rules that meet institutional objectives.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills and the ability to use data to make decisions.
- Excellent professional demeanor; listening, communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students and the general public
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend