Financial Aid Representative
Job no: 494099
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Assists students and parents regarding the financial aid process and provides information on available programs, procedures, and eligibility requirements. Reviews financial aid applications and related documentation for compliance with eligibility requirements. Provides assistance to students and parents in the completion of financial aid applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, verifies, and assesses applications and support documents in accordance with established guidelines to determine financial aid eligibility.
- Act as a liaison between the Financial Aid and Human Resources department concerning Tuition Remission benefits. Post awards, make adjustments as needed. Reach out to employees and students regarding this benefit when required.
- Provides information to students and families regarding the options for obtaining financial aid, the process for requesting aid, and the eligibility requirements for receiving and maintaining aid. Work within a rotation at our front counter and/or back office support.
- Coordinate with the Bursar department regarding Outside scholarships received. Post the resources on the Financial Aid side so that accounts are reconciled and remain compliant.
- Responds to inquiries and referrals from students and the call center.Researches and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Prior customer service experience required including handling phone inquiries and face to face counseling.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, have high computer literacy, strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize daily activities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Staff Union (Local 153) - SU18.0
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members can apply from 10/29/2019 to 11/04/2019.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend