Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Police Graduate Studies Program
Job no: 494095
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Education Leadership, Management and Policy in the College of Education and Human Services at Seton Hall University invites applications for a tenure-track position as an assistant professor in the department of Educational Leadership, Management and Policy Police Graduate Studies Program beginning August, 2020.
Seton Hall University is located in South Orange, New Jersey, just 14 miles from New York City. It is the oldest Catholic diocesan institution of higher education in the United States, and the Carnegie Foundation classifies it as a doctoral university. It is home to approximately 6,300 undergraduate and 4,700 graduate students from all 50 states and more than 60 foreign countries. An exciting and culturally diverse community, Seton Hall pursues academic excellence and ethical development in a collaborative environment, and prepares its students to be servant leaders in their professional and community lives.
The Police Graduate Studies Program, in the Department of Education Leadership, Management and Policy offers Master of Arts and Educational Specialist degree programs for students who seek/work in human resource training and development, law enforcement, government agency or educational leadership positions. For more information about the College of Education and Human Services and the educational administration graduate programs at Seton Hall University, please visit our website at http://www.shu.edu/education-leadership-management-policy/.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include teaching courses in human resources; leadership, policy, organizational structures, utilizing blended learning technologies; conducting impactful research and publishing scholarly work; advising students; supervising/mentoring doctoral dissertations.
- Work collaboratively with University Advancement to build alumni relations.
- Assisting with student recruitment. Faculty members are expected to be active members of the College of Education and Human Services and the broader Seton Hall community in addition to relevant disciplinary and professional organizations.
- An earned doctorate in human resources, public policy, justice studies or criminal justice, education leadership, or a related field by September 1, 2020
- Ability to teach courses in human resources, leadership, policy, curriculum, organizational structures and other related areas
- Ability to contribute to program growth and development, as well as curricular updates and modifications in new programmatic areas.
- Potential for or an active scholarly research agenda in an area of departmental or program focus.
- Grounding in qualitative or quantitative research methods.
- Ability to supervise and mentor doctoral dissertations.
- Experience in law enforcement at a leadership level. Knowledge of or experience in topics such as cyber-security, big data analysis, trans-national law enforcement, community policing/community relations, and/or safety and security for educational institutions.
- Interest in teaching courses in nontraditional formats (hybrid, online, cohort executive models).
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Experience mentoring doctoral dissertations.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applications should include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, a professional writing sample (such as a publication and or a conference presentation), and the names and contact information of three references. Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, for full consideration, applications should be submitted by January 31, 2020. Questions about the position may be directed to search committee chair, Dr. Mary Meehan (email@example.com)
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend