Secretary, University Library, Deans Office
Job no: 494080
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Secretary to the Office of the Dean is an essential employee who provides support to the Assistant to the Dean of University Libraries (the ADUL) under that person’s direct supervision in the full range of activities undertaken in the Office of the Dean.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports Assistant to the Dean of University Libraries (the ADUL) under that person’s direct supervision in the full range of activities undertaken in the Office of the Dean.
- Acts as back-up to the ADUL in processing travel and expense paperwork for the Dean, Assistant Deans and librarian faculty. Serves as back-up in the managing of credit cards (setting up, reconciling statements, handling issues/problems) held by the Dean of Univ. Libraries and the Assistant Deans.
- Ensures and arranges full time phone coverage for the Dean’s office at all times. Maintains Dean's calendar, faculty and staff calendars with accuracy and consistency. Inserts real-time updates and arranges coverage for updating the staff calendar when incumbent is away. Efficiently records and uploads meeting notes.
- Supports the ADUL in her role as Student Hiring Manager. Assists the ADUL in maintaining the Walsh Library building. Enters requests for repairs in Archibus. Creates and maintain files, including highly confidential personnel files.
- Maintains office supply room and key cabinets. Serves as back-up to the ADUL in learning budget and invoice processing. Orders office supplies as directed by the ADUL.
- Supports ADUL in production of outreach materials including graphics for the Libraries. Maintains faculty/staff contact lists on the Libraries' web site and on Outlook.
- Maintains occupancy list for Scholars' Study Rooms and assistant applicants with room acquisition, keys, deposits. Makes deposits in Bursar's office. Assists ADUL in maintaining Dean's Suite.
- Serves as back-up to the ADUL in managing credit cards held by the Dean, Assistant Deans and librarian faculty ( including setting up new accounts, reconciling monthly statements, troubleshooting).
- Assists ADUL with menu planning and ordering, event set-up and break down.
- Essential employee duties related to Circulation Department and/or Interlibrary Loan Department procedures. Must be able use and maintain office equipment including FAX machines, copiers, projectors and polycom. Additionally, various assigned duties in support of the Dean and Assistant Deans, including essential duties in other departments as needed.
- 1-3 minimum years experience in clerical/administrative environment, Associate's Degree, vocational or technical school degree.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel and the ability to learn software specific to the library.
- Staff Union (Local 153) - SU17.0
- General Office Environment
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs and moving furniture
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members can apply from 10/10/2019 to 10/17/2019.
- Acceptable writing samples include a business letter or professional e-mail message. In addition, please provide contact information for 3 references.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend