Intake Specialist / Legal Technology Support
Job no: 494070
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Center for Social Justice provides free legal services to the community while training law students to be ethical and skilled lawyers. The Intake & Legal Technology Specialist coordinates all requests for assistance to the Center for Social Justice, including intake by individuals who come to the office, as well as those who contact the CSJ by phone, mail, and online, and provides resource and referral information to numerous individuals on a daily basis. The Specialist develops and maintains online legal intake and community information materials and assists faculty and students with legal technology software. This individual also coordinates the selection and management of students in the clinic and provides support as needed to the paralegals, students, and faculty, including assistance with translation/interpretation. Must have excellent organizational, record-keeping and time management skills working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Screen and manage incoming calls and office visits from clients, potential clients, attorneys, judges, court personnel, and others, for 13 attorneys and approx. 80 student attorneys per semester by fielding them appropriately and relaying written and detailed messages through email. Spanish fluency required.
- Perform initial screening of approximately 1,500 people a year contacting the CSJ for assistance and provide referrals to the vast majority of these individuals whom the CSJ is not able to assist. Maintain and update referral resources. Reply to requests for assistance from incarcerated individuals. Conduct initial detailed screening as needed, including a determination of household income, as required by court rules for provision of pro bono legal services. Track these inquiries electronically and provide monthly and annual reports on requests for assistance, and as needed for development purposes, including grant reporting. Spanish fluency required.
- Provide support to faculty and students with legal technology, including but not limited to Word, PPT, Excel, Adobe, Outlook, Office 365, Blackboard, Sharepoint, Dropbox, Trial Pad or similar trial presentation software, document management software, and case management software. Develop and support electronic tools for intake, case management, and community outreach.
- Provide support for law students enrolled in clinics, including processing annual clinic applications from students, maintaining clinic student lists, maintaining student attorney schedules, maintaining student workstations, coordinating reservation of rooms and work stations at CSJ, and conducting conflict check for all new students in clinic.
- Provide general and administrative support, including daily scanning of mail, monitoring supplies in the office, and assistance with Spanish translation/interpretation.
- High School diploma required
- 1-3 years experience in a law office-
- Spanish-communicate in Spanish fluently, both orally and in writing.
- Staff Union (Local 153) - SU19.0
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members can apply between 09/30/2019 to 09/07/2019.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend