Assistant Professor, Counseling Psychology PhD program
Job no: 494065
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Assistant Professor Position in the Counseling Psychology PhD Program
Seton Hall is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the development of a climate that supports equality of opportunity and respect for differences based on gender, race, culture, ethnicity, disability, religion, and sexual orientation. In this spirit we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance and diversify our faculty. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented groups. Within the Department of Professional Psychology and Family Therapy, all programs have a strong commitment to preparing competent, socially conscious, reflective professionals. This includes training Counseling Psychologists who are scientist-practitioners as well as counselors and school counselors who are multi-culturally competent, committed to advancing social justice, and who are prepared to meet the challenges of working in complex urban settings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidates should have the potential to establish a program of research that will enhance the national visibility of the program. Our new colleague is also expected to contribute to the department as a whole. Preference will be given to candidates with background/expertise in and willingness to teach advanced quantitative research methods in Counseling Psychology. Consistent with program philosophy, the successful candidate must be committed to infusing multicultural content and social justice principles across all course work.
- Additional duties will include University, College, and Department committee work, research mentoring, clinical supervision of students, and assessment activities in support of APA accreditation. Further, we seek an individual who works collaboratively, collegially, and respectfully to promote the mission of the department
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and eligibility for licensure in the State of New Jersey.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Full-time (9-month) tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level. Salary range is competitive. Summer teaching opportunities may be available.
- Our location provides numerous opportunities for recreation, entertainment, education and culture in the immediate area as well as in New York City, which is only 14 miles to our northeast. Please send nominations or letters of interest explaining how minimum and preferred qualifications are met and describing relevant experiences and interests, along with a CV and sample publications, specifying the position and level for which you are applying, to: Counseling Psychology Search Committee, c/o Dr. Pamela Foley, at Pamela.Foley@shu.edu. A background check is required for employment in this position.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend