Academic Services Specialist
Job no: 494057
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Academic Services Specialist supports registrarial operations related to course and classroom schedules, including the use of academic space for non-academic events. This position assists at the Registrar Service Counter and with office email/voicemail and with other office activities as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry of departmental course schedules, including follow-up of potential conflicts;
- Processes requests for use of academic spaces, including assignment of classrooms and approval of academic spaces for non-academic events in R25;
- Coordinates the delivery of classroom supplies; receives and resolves reports of missing/damaged classroom furniture;
- Reviews, identifies and resolves discrepancies in classroom assignments for final examinations;
- Manages canceled course workflow process by coding canceled courses, sending automated email notifications to enrolled students, including any course options provided by department;
- Manages workflows related to closeout of course wait lists and course schedule changes;
- Assists at Registrar Service Counter and with Registrar email/voicemail as needed during peak periods and with special projects as needed;
- Supports registrarial operations at the Interprofessional Health campus;
- Assists in pre-commencement and commencement activities.
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in in an academic or administrative environment;
- Knowledge of FERPA implications and constraints
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitask to assure that deadlines are met;
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate in both oral and written form with precision and accuracy; ability to compose correspondence independently; to be poised and articulate on the phone; to be composed, friendly and efficient in interactions with students and colleagues;
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn R25 software;
- Ability to work independently to complete time-sensitive work in a busy environment;
- Must be able to work overtime when needed at peak periods and at pre-commencement period;
- Must be able to rotate to the IHS campus when needed.
- Knowledge of Banner student module including Banner navigation;
- Knowledge of academic cycle and academic policies and procedures.
- Associate's degree
- Staff Union (Local 153) - SU18.0
- General Office Environment
- Routine inspection of all classrooms to confirm chair, supply status; occasionally needs to move tables, desks.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only current Local 153 members can apply from 09/13/2019 to 09/20/2019.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend