Director, J.A. Unanue Institute
Job no: 494043
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The College of Arts and Sciences is seeking an experienced administrator to direct the Joseph A. Latino Institute. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of the issues facing the Latino Community and demonstrate proven success in program and donor development, event management and volunteer recruitment in a nonprofit setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing a calendar of annual programs and events that appeal to a broad community.
- Pursue grant and other funding opportunities for program development and operation.
- Work with University Advancement cultivating existing and identifying new donors.
- Collaborate with the university Public relations to increase the visibility of the Institute and its cultural, educational and advocacy programming.
- Alumni affairs to identify and engage alums in the Latino community.
- Government affairs to establish relationships with government agencies on a state and national level on educational initiatives that are specific to the Latino population.
- Work consistently on Board development to expand the size, scope, and activities of the Board.
- Maintain active relationship with the Board.
- Manage annual program budget.
- Organize events such as lectures, conferences, seminars, special exhibitions and performing arts events.
- A Bachelor's degree and experience that demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the issues and concerns facing the Latino community is required.
- 8 or more years of extensive experience in fundraising and event management in higher education or nonprofit setting may substitute for the degree.
- Understanding of the mission and vision of the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute within the context of the University mission is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend