Project Officer, Center for Peace and Conflict Studies
Job no: 494035
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Support delivery of CPCS funded projects, and management of financial and administrative processes associated with project delivery. Support for project delivery will focus on the Center’s work in the Middle East and North Africa, through management of a database of conflict dynamics in Yemen and activity organisation/reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of project methodology.
- Organise and accompany events (e.g. workshops and training).
- Write activity reports of project activities.
- Manage a database of conflict dynamics in Yemen.
- Contribute to analysis and reports on conflict dynamics and conflict sensitivity initiatives in Yemen.
- Provide a point of liaison with project partners in the MENA region.
- Filing all project costs in accordance with SHU financial management systems
- Tracking of expenditure on individual funds
- Tracking expenditure against CPCS’s overall budget
- Development of financial reports for donors
- Contribution to fundraising
- Logistical support (e.g. making travel arrangements, booking flights and hotels)
- Management of contractors (e.g. travel agent, translators, designers)
- Maintenance of Center’s website (in liaison with the Schools Communication team).
- Writing of media reports on the Center’s projects for input into the School’s communication activities.
- Bachelor’s degree – Field of study: IR, Diplomacy or Conflict Studies
- Master’s degree – Field of study: IR, Diplomacy or Conflict Studies. However, applicants without a masters but with strong relevant background will be considered.
- This is a grant-funded position with an estimated duration of 18 months. Further funding is not guaranteed.
- Arabic language skills is preferred (but not required).
Licenses and Certificates:
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Workdays are Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Occasional travel of 1-2 trips to Jordan or Tunis every quarter (3 months).
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 18, 2019
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend