Access Assistant - School of Medicine
Job no: 494007
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
Categories: Student Employment
- • Provide assistance with physical tasks, while under the constant instruction and guidance of the medical student. The medical student will instruct the AA on what needs to be moved or lifted and describe how to perform the movement. The AA will follow the medical student’s directions and regardless of their skill and experience cannot complete any procedures without the medical student’s instructions. These tasks may include, but are not limited to, assisting medical student with holding instruments, palpation, percussion, positioning for access to patient, etc. The AA will provide assistance in gross anatomy lab as well as certain other skills-based courses, labs, and clinics, as needed.
• Arrange furniture in room to create physical access to patient and at end of meeting to return room to original configuration.
• Scribe upon request from the student for note taking, concept mapping, and/or during exams.
• Assist with set-up of assistive technology as needed for medical student.
• The AA cannot provide assistance with tasks of a personal nature, such as toileting, changing clothes, eating or running errands.
• The AA will assist with office tasks in office of Disability Support Services as assigned when not working directly with the medical student.
- Ability to be a good listener and follow directions closely.
To act in a sensitive manner and maintain confidentiality.
To be aware and emotionally prepared to handle cadavers in anatomy lab; and to have exposure to patients who are very ill, without clothes or with traumatic injuries.
- Interest in healthcare field.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend