CASE Director - College of Communication and the Arts
Job no: 493997
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This administrative position within the College's Office of the Dean will lead the College of Communication and the Arts Student Engagement (CASE) initiative. Some responsibilities associated with the CASE student- and outcomes-focused initiative include, but are not limited to, directing College-, Department- and program-level assessment and accreditation, fostering student academic success by serving as a key resource to students, providing opportunities for professional coaching, and designing and directing related student-centric activities. The Director is committed to a student centered learning environment and the goals of developmental higher education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development, implementation, and refinement of College-, Department-, and program-level assessment and accreditation initiatives. The Director serves as the central resource for data collection and analysis and supports the Office of the Dean in evaluating student and program effectiveness and planning by collaborating with administrators, faculty, and campus partners. The incumbent represents the Office of the Dean on internal and external committees/conferences associated with assessment and accreditation.
- Serve as a resource for students by supporting all aspects of the student life cycle, including advising, mentoring, and making appropriate referrals to other University offices. The incumbent will seek to elevate student success by meeting regularly with students to provide personalized mentorship and academic planning in alignment with each program's curriculum and related post-graduate outcomes. The Director will implement strategic initiatives designed to increase student retention and persistence to degree completion. The individual will collaborate with various campus partners, including Freshman Studies, the Academic Resource Center, the Career Center, and the Division of Student Services.
- Maintain advising portfolio, with summary record of current performance, to be shared with the Office of the Dean and Department Chair. Routinely gather and analyze data regarding student grades and overall course performance. Monitor and provide supplemental interventional advisement each semester to students at risk for academic probation and/or retention. Drafts the College's Annual Report and ad-hoc reports to support data-driven decision making related to student success initiatives.
- Design, implement, coordinate, and assess student-centric initiatives including, but not limited to, CHAMP (Communication Honors and Mentorship Program), Student Advisory Board, experiential learning opportunities, and Leadership-related programs. Maintain accurate and up-to-date advising materials for all programs.
- Responsible for the overall tracking of the Communication and the Arts Student Engagement (CASE) initiative including: longitudinal tracking, outcome reporting, key performance indicators, program effectiveness and documentation of results through annual and other reporting requirements.
- The candidate is required to possess a master's degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education administration, advisement, and/or program management is preferred.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Include contact information for three professional references.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend