Associate Director Corporate & Foundation Relations
Job no: 493969
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director for the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations is a key member of the University's frontline fundraising staff. (S)he is responsible for implementing strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of foundation grants, which is a targeted area for revenue stream growth. Further, this professional will work in concert with the Director for Corporate and Foundation Relations to refine and expand our new corporate engagement program that 1) establishes new and 2) builds on current relationships and connections (including those of faculty, staff, and alumni) to increase corporate involvement in and support of Seton Hall’s priorities and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently manage a portfolio of institutional donors and prospects on behalf of the university. Effectively identify, cultivate, and solicit corporate and foundation funders, achieving a personal fundraising goal and contributing toward team and departmental goals.
- Proposal development and writing; copyediting; proofreading; and assisting faculty with hard copy and online submissions. Maintain a master calendar of proposal deadlines, progress reports, and final grant reports. Ensure timely submissions and adherence to deadlines.
- Work with the Director to set corporate/foundation relations development strategy for the university including identifying goals/strategies for institutional partners on an annual basis. Effectively move companies through the pipeline to yield multilateral partnerships, deeper engagement, and increased corporate/foundation philanthropy. Steward institutional donors and generate opportunities for recognition and stewardship. Generate in-depth annual corporate/foundation stewardship reports to summarize the relationship between the university and top partners.
- Coordinate efforts across campus (administrative offices, deans/program directors, individual faculty members, etc.) to capture and demonstrate value for corporate/foundation partners. Work closely with administrative leadership at assigned schools/colleges to increase private sector engagement.
- BA required, 5+ years of experience in fundraising/development, corporate/foundation relations, or research administration. Grant writing experience a must.
- MPA, MBA, or advanced degree in a related area
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide a written response of no more than one page to the following question: "How will your work in the office of corporate & foundation relations advance the Catholic educational mission of Seton Hall University?"
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend