Associate Director, Philanthropic Engagement
Job no: 493925
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director of Philanthropic Engagement will help build the donor base at Seton Hall, which is a key shared goal of University Advancement. The Associate Director will focus on fundraising appeals primarily through crowd-funding, social media, email, and direct mail. Under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropic Engagement, the Associate Director will help lead Seton Hall Giving Day efforts and other digital fundraising initiatives including, but not limited to Giving Tuesday, Giving Day and constituent group appeals. The position will work closely with the Director of Alumni & Student Engagement & Director of Alumni Communications to tailor appeals and philanthropic messages to young alumni and students, amongst other key constituent groups. The Associate Director will also assist in the writing and design of communications designed for channels such as direct mail, email, web pages, and social media as well as data extractions for general annual giving appeals. Increased personalized approaches will increase engagement, alumni participation, and giving. The individual must possess strong writing and design skills. The Associate Director will be involved in all aspects of Alumni Engagement, including communication, digital, experiential, leadership giving and volunteer engagement by working collaboratively in a fully integrated engagement team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a coordinated annual calendar of solicitations via direct mail, crowdfunding, e-solicitations, face-to-face solicitations, and social media. The primary focus of these efforts will be on key crowdfunding initiatives such as Seton Hall Giving day, primary constituent groups, schools/colleges, previous donors and non-donors. The focus should be to sustain and create new donors to the University, with the goal to keep them as annual donors for years to come. These populations will be highly segmented and personalized, which will provide diverse opportunities for alumni to make philanthropic investments that are meaningful to them.
- Assist the Director of Philanthropic Engagement on the writing and designing of major general appeals through the various solicitation methods mentioned above. These major solicitations include but are not limited to Seton Hall Giving Day, various direct mail appeals, Giving Tuesday and year-end donor appeals. Strong writing and design skills are required.
- Work collaboratively with University Advancement and campus partners, and as an integrated member of the Alumni Engagement & Philanthropy team. Participate in all aspects of alumni engagement, including philanthropy, communication, digital, experiential, leadership giving and volunteerism. Build mutually beneficial relationships that inspire loyalty and financial support, strengthen the institution's reputation and involve alumni in meaningful activities to advance the institutions mission.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to three years experience in Annual Giving and a successful track record in leadership annual giving and/or major gift fundraising with proven success soliciting leadership Annual Fund gifts.
- Valid drivers license required.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide names and contact information for 3 professional references.
- Writing sample should be a general solicitation to alumni.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend