Museum Collections Intern
Job no: 493917
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Under the supervision of the Collections Manager intern will be responsible for cataloguing, cleaning, and rehousing the D'Argenio Roman Coin and Artifact Collection. This important collection of Greco-Roman coins is in the intermediate stages of being fully catalogued, cleaned and rehoused into appropriate conditions. Interns must have excellent problem solving skills, have great organizational skills, and be able to work independently following a hands-on training period with the Collections Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Projects will include:
- Identifying coins, matching up past records, researching provenance of coins and updating Past Perfect records
- Taking high-resolution photographs, measuring, describing, numbering, using an iPad for condition photos/reports, and creating and organizing digital records
- Updating data in Past Perfect to reflect industry standard cataloguing procedures
- Re-shelving and recording locations
- Coursework in Museum Studies, specifically object care
- Knowledge of museum cataloguing software
- Knowledge of museum registry standards and practices
- Familiarity with PastPerfect
- Knowledge of or interest in classical cultures
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Current or recent coursework in museum professions at the graduate level
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide names and contact information for three references.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend