PCSS Summer 2019 Assistant
Job no: 493876
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
- • Assisting with recruiting, hiring, training and managing a work–study staff of over 50 students.
• Creating contracts and schedules for work-study staff for each semester and breaks, based on class schedules and the availability provided.
• Assisting with planning and implementation of the annual re-boot STA training program, as well as additional training sessions for individual groups during the academic year.
• Assist with the financial aid paper work of the work-study staff including verifying hours worked, submission of bi-weekly timesheets and budget.
• Conducting performance reviews of all eligible staff in GA group during the fall and spring semesters.
• Conducting bi-weekly/monthly group meetings with the work study students to review policy and procedures.
• Assisting with daily operations of the public computing labs and the Info Commons area as well as scheduling lab and mobile cart requests as needed.
• Ensuring that the lab equipment is functioning properly and that the necessary supplies (i.e. paper, toner, drum) are ordered and available in these locations.
• Making sure that the labs are secure and that there is student support in each location from opening until closing and during extended hours of operation.
• Reserving and confirming requests for private use of computer labs and mobile carts for special events and ensuring events are properly staffed.
• Providing support and troubleshooting assistance to work-study employees who work in the public labs.
• Completing additional yearly tasks assigned by the STA/Public Lab Manager.
• Provide administrative support as needed to the department offices
*Assisting with distribution of laptops for Freshman Orientation / Pirate Adventure.
- Candidate must be:
- possess time management skills, critical thinking skills, management/ supervisory skills
- self sufficient
- able to work in fast paced environment
- proficiency in Excel preferred
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend