Two Full-Time Faculty Positions (Open Rank), Department of Interprofessional Health Sciences and Health Administration
Job no: 493864
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
The School of Health and Medical Sciences (SHMS) at Seton Hall University invites qualified individuals to apply for two (2) open-rank, twelve-month faculty positions in the Department of Interprofessional Health Sciences and Health Administration’s Ph.D in Health Sciences program. Both positions begin July 1, 2019. The Ph.D program in IHSA offers 3 specialization tracks: leadership, movement sciences and speech-language pathology. One position is specifically for the leadership specialization and the other for our movement science specialization. Our interprofessional doctoral program prepares graduates to become high-level advanced practitioners, researchers, managers and educators.
The PhD program is located within the School of Health and Medical Sciences on the new Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) campus. As such, the program offers state-of-the-art facilities with modern and fully-equipped spaces for teaching, learning, studying, researching and applying clinical skills. The gait analysis research laboratory is fully equipped to conduct investigations addressing movement science questions using kinematics, kinetics, EMG, and exercise science instruments. The School of Health and Medical Sciences at Seton Hall University has a significant national presence in health science education. In response to a changing healthcare environment, the School is a leader in offering high quality, innovative programs at the master’s and doctoral levels. The School of Health and Medical Sciences offers opportunities for collaborative research, teaching, and grant development across a number of disciplines.
The main campus of Seton Hall University is uniquely located within 14 miles of NYC. The new IHS Campus in Nutley, NJ is the result of a historic partnership between Seton Hall University and Hackensack Meridian Health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualified applicants must hold an academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc). Experience teaching doctoral level students is preferred. Responsibilities for both positions include teaching doctoral courses in research, conducting research in one’s area of expertise, advising doctoral students, and participating on committees at the department, school, and university levels. Specifically, for the leadership position experience in leadership/management/organizational theory and practices are required and for the movement science position experience in the areas of motor control, kinematics, kinetic and EMG are preferred. Individuals with expertise in secondary data analysis or grantsmanship are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified applicants must hold an academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc).
- Experience teaching doctoral level students is preferred.
- General Office/Lecture Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Salary and benefits are extremely competitive and include full tuition remission for faculty, spouses and eligible dependents. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience. Both positions are available beginning July 1, 2019.
- Interested individuals should submit a cover letter*, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references (including names, phone number, and email address).
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend