Administrative Assistant, Stillman School of Business
Job no: 493857
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The administrative assistant provides support to two full-time Stillman Administrators: the Associate Dean for Assessment and External Relations and the Assistant Dean. Occupant of the position must deal with a variety of constituents and tasks, including heavy data entry, document preparation and logistical tasks. The position supports significant School activities related to Undergraduate and MBA Assessment, course scheduling, catalog preparation and major event management. Requires excellent computer/technology skills, as the individual is responsible for preparing numerous reports, letters, invitations and email communications. Serves as a first point of contact for students, parents, faculty and other offices across campus, answering and screening calls for supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as administrative assistant to the Associate Dean for Assessment and External Relations for tasks related to Pre-Assessment, Sophomore and Senior Assessment, MBA Assessment, recruiting and alumni initiatives as well as support for other administrative functions of the Associate Dean.
- Serve as administrative assistant to the Assistant Dean for course evaluations, scheduling and providing support for the Assistant Dean's administrative, research and teaching duties.
- Entering data related to graduate and undergraduate schedules; initial input of tentative schedules, additions and cancellations of classes and all other schedule changes.
- Creating and maintaining databases for assessment results, performing mail merges for information and event mailings.
- Coordinating special events for the Stillman School, which includes preparing programs, ordering food, equipment, rooms and parking arrangements.
- Associate's degree, or vocational or technical school degree preferred-Field of study: Business/technology
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong Excel skills.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members mat apply from 05/03/2019 to 05/10/2019.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend