Evening Front Desk Worker/Seminary - 2019/2020
Job no: 493807
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
1. The Evening Front Desk Worker is a work-study employee who staffs the front desk at the seminary's entrance from 4\:30 PM to 10 PM on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings. He is responsible for basic clerical work such as answering the phone, filing, mailings, and other tasks as assigned.
2. The Evening Front Desk Worker must be on time before the receptionist leaves for the day. The Front Desk cannot be left unattended. Any absences are unacceptable. If you cannot work on your scheduled day, you are responsible for arranging a replacement. You can ask another FD Assistant, who is scheduled for a different day of week to work for you (the list of all FD Assistants is posted on the bulletin board in the mail room), or you can ask some other student who is enrolled in work-study. Any other replacement person will not be paid for his work.
3. Once your shift begins, you must enter on Student Employee Timesheet side the time you start work, then make sure that the phone is not on answering service. Although the sorting and distributing of mail to the Seminary's staff and to seminarian's mail boxes is the receptionist's responsibility, the FD Assistant has to ensure that all mail and packages are distributed. If there is any mail to be distributed to people's mail boxes you are accountable for that. If there is a package for an employee or a resident, please leave them a note saying that their package arrived and they can pick it up. \; \; \;
4. The Evening Front Desk Worker must be present at the front desk to greet each person who comes to the seminary, and to be aware of people coming and leaving the seminary building. All visitors must sign-in and sign-out. It is the responsibility of the Front Desk person/work-study student sees that this is done. He must also be attentive to who is entering the mail room since there are priests' and employees' mail boxes with important mail, and parcels. Please offer a help to all visitors and ensure that the residents (priests, students) waiting for their appointments are informed of a visitor(s) arrival.
5. When answering the phone please be courteous and write clearly when taking messages.
6. When a medical or other emergency occurs, first call 911, then immediately call Seton Hall Security at (973) 761-9300. The Vice Rector should be immediately notified. The fire suppression system throughout the Seminary building (including in seminarian rooms) will activate the house fire alarm. In the event that the alarm should go off, all occupants of the building are required by law to evacuate the building immediately.
7. You are allowed to have your dinner at the desk, but please make sure that you leave the desk clean. Remember that the area of your work-study assignment is, most of all, someone else's place of full-time work, and it must be left clean and in order, as it was when you began your shift.
8. At the end of your shift complete your time sheet enter the time you finished your work. At 10 PM you must lock the front entrance door and turn off the lights above the desk. \; \; \;
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend